Teaching and Learning at Barncroft Primary School
We expect every teacher to be a good teacher – no child deserves less
Our vision is to be an outstanding school in which all children enjoy an outstanding learning experience, make good progress and leave us as responsible happy citizens. As part of this vision, we continually aim to:
Ensure all children make good progress by consistently teaching high quality lessons which, in turn, raises the standards of achievement for all children across the school
- Give all children an outstanding learning experience through motivating and involving children in their learning and progress and extending their learning through a rich curriculum and high quality out of school experiences.
- Inform and involve parents in their child’s learning and progress
- Motivate and inspire children and, in doing so, transform their attitudes towards learning so that they become lifelong independent learners who are prepared for the next stage in their education.
- Meet the needs of all children through ensuring that effective assessment for learning is embedded into every aspect of teaching and learning.
- Provide consistency in teaching and learning across the school whilst recognising that each phase has its own unique characteristics.
- Provide an inclusive education for all children.